Monday, June 25, 2012

Tomato Basil Parmesan Tortellini Soup

We love soup around our house--at least I do.  There are always leftovers, and it's something to look forward to the next day. I found a promising recipe on Pinterest last night and pinned it.  I altered it a little from the original, and it turned out delicious. Even Mr. Picky, my boy, ate the every bit of it, including the chunks of tomatoes.

Miss H was helping me with it, and she didn't like the idea of carrots. I didn't have any celery, so we used zucchini from the garden (added at the beginning) and some cheese-filled tortellini (boiled separately and added at the end).  We also cooked it all on the stove instead of the slow cooker, and it didn't take more than 30-40 min.  We served it with homemade bread toasted with butter, Romano cheese, and garlic powder.

Soup Recipe

Tomato Basil Parmesan Soup
Photo by Clair Buys/BYU Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment