Monday, June 25, 2012



Lunch Meat Quesadillas {AKA the quick, yummy lunch}

I have 2 hungry boys and it's lunchtime.  Same old boring sandwiches?  NO!  Besides...there's no bread.  I was looking at recipes last night on Pinterest and saw one for pizza quesadillas.  Well, I decided to go check the fridge, and the only things I had for the recipe were mozarella cheese and flour tortillas.  I started digging around some more and discovered thinly sliced mesquite turkey and some ham.  I had also gotten a strange cheese craving the last time I was in Aldi, so I have several types of cheese:  Asiago, Monterrey Jack, Colby, Romano, New York Aged Cheddar.

 

The Monterrey Jack won, so I grated it, tore the lunch meats in the bite-sized pieces, and spread ranch dressing on the flour tortillas.  I fried them on both sides in corn oil, moved to a cutting board, and used my Mezzaluna {Italian half-moon knife (see picture below)} to cut into 4ths.

The boys loved them and so did I.


Mezzaluna (mine is single-bladed)
http://static.yuppiechef.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/mezzaluna.jpg





1 comment: