Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Felt Lip Balm Pouch Key Ring

Okay, so this one's a little odd.  But I am one of those people who needs lip stuff, and I need it NOW!  If it's attached to my keys, there is a greater chance I will find it faster {especially if its hanging from the ignition}.  No hems are needed because you use a fabric that doesn't fray--like felt.  I just so happened to have lots of felt scraps that I had kept for covering the backs of cross stitch ornaments and such.  I have a lot of buttons from my mom's collection and my scrapbooking supplies.  Lots ribbon from the scrapbooking supplies, too.


So I cut a template and made like 6 of them at one time.  I've given one away to my best teacher friend.  On the light blue and yellow one, I stitched with embroidery thread around the petals because I couldn't get it to cover up the stitching from the Velcro.  That was very challenging.  On the rest of them, I just used the embroidery thread (2 strands) on the button, so the flowers are a little floppy.


My friend and I think it would probably work better with a Carabiner key ring (see below) so it could be clipped on the purse strap, also. 

http://paulssupplies.com/images/key%20ring%20biner.jpg

The instructions are from FaveCrafts.  Here is the link:

Lip Balm Pouch

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! Can't wait to make a few of these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete