Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Scarf Organizer

Since school is fast approaching, I thought I would and organize my scarves to make them easily accessible for when I have to start wearing some respectable clothes for the next 9 months.  Yes, I've been living in shorts, t-shirts and tank tops {not to mention flip flops} for the past couple months, and it's going to be excruciatingly difficult to shove my feet into some dress shoes and pants. {BTW I have a flip flop project also which could be considered respectable.}

Saw this $1 investment as worthwhile for allowing me to conveniently store my scarves which are either folded up in a drawer or hanging with my belts getting weird wrinkles permanently embedded in them.  I'm hoping this method will help with that wrinkle problem as well.

I bought a set of plastic shower hooks from the dollar store and already possessed the wooden hanger.  {I think it would be sturdier than a plastic one because I hung 12 scarves and still had more in the drawer.}  Most of these came from my grandmothers from back in the day when ladies wore scarves over their beauty shop curls.  I've held onto these blasts from the past as mementos but now scarves are really back in style.

As you can see, I had to do some ironing before I did some hanging!  After letting them cool completely, I gently folded them in the direction I would wear them {squares got folded diagonally, for instance}so the less chance of getting wrinkles going the wrong way.

Here is the final result:
Was this an idea from Pinterest you ask?  Well of course it was.  Here is the link to the original page:
Scarf Organizer

No comments:

Post a Comment