Monday, July 9, 2012

Pita Pizzas

It's summer and I'll eat about anything for lunch as long as it's not a sandwich!  I eat A LOT of sandwiches during the school year.  I saw these whole wheat pitas on sale at the grocery store and thought they'd be an interesting ingredient for something.  I bought pizza sauce planning on using it for a zucchini recipe but never used it.  I got the pitas out today and had a look at them and, well, they just look like pizza crusts. 



I spread the pizza sauce on the pitas and added HOMEMADE {yum}ricotta cheese chunks, pepperoni, black olives, thinly sliced green peppers, and grated Romano.  I baked them on a baking stone at 400 F for about 10 minutes.  The pita crisped up and it was scrumptious!

Super Easy Homemade Ricotta Cheese


No comments:

Post a Comment